- Enhance the state-of-the-art knowledge concerning the reuse of CDW in construction industry through the production of innovative materials.
- Boost the recycling process in Cyprus with all possible benefits and impacts.
- Utilization of CDW and return to the production cycle as a high value added material in the context of the Circular Economy.
- Developing products that have an impact on the building sector.
- Stimulate the economy by introducing new materials that increase competition.
- Developing innovative materials by leveraging a number of companies, creating growth conditions for the economy.
- Creating Net Added Value by investing and launching a high value-added product line and creation of a suitable environment for the further development of innovative geopolymers materials in Cyprus.
- Developing and transferring of know-how to the industrial level in the recovery of CDW through the development of a special type of composite material.
- Training of scientists and staff in an interdisciplinary environment related to materials engineering.
- First time in Cyprus and in Europe, where inorganic polymers for insulation and fire resistance from CDW will be developed.
- Low energy consumption for the development of geopolymers.
- Low energy consumption for the waste separation.
- Reduced CO2 emissions compared to cement and concrete industry.
- Decrease of a waste with a simultaneous positive impact on the environmental footprint created by the deposition so far.